Ideal start date –
As Soon As Possible, busy work load
Starting salary £20,000 – £25,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Reviewable annually (April – March). Fully qualified and experienced consultants would expect to earn at least £30,000 – £35,000 per annum
Additional benefits – We will provide you with company small van, laptop, mobile phone, pension scheme, guaranteed paid for professional training (worth a total of £15,000), regular salary increments (in-line with your training progress & experience) and fantastic career prospects.
Company Information –
Safety First Group Ltd, are industrial (occupational) hygiene, legionella control and health & safety specialists with a large client base that is varied from client to client – www.safetyfirstgroup.co.uk
Job Description –
This an opportunity to start your career as an occupational hygienist (please check here for a full role profile https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/occupational-hygienist and http://www.bohs.org/about-us/a-career-in-occupational-hygiene/ )
Open to non-experienced applicants, we will provide full professional training but starting salary is lower than quoted above.
Aim/purpose of role
- To assist in providing Safety First Group Ltd’s Clients with an efficient and professional service with respect to the specific areas of expertise.
- To assist in ensuring the Clients receive the required levels of service in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures and within agreed timescales.
- To assist in the continued development of the Company through an enthusiastic and proactive approach to working relationships with both Client representatives and Company colleagues.
- To fully participate in the Company’s training policy and procedures, with an enthusiastic attitude to the preparation for and undertaking of relevant external examinations.
- To continually improve the Company through the volunteering of ideas, methods and procedures to the Operations Director.
1. You are responsible to the Operations Director. You will also be responsible to more experienced and established members of the team in accordance with particular projects allocated to you.
2. To undertake inspections, testing, sampling, risk assessments and other activities associated within the fields of Occupational Hygiene, whilst maintaining the best interests of the Client and compliance with statutory requirements:
- undertaking workplace surveys and evaluating situations in the workplace
- assessing risks to health arising from many different factors such as chemicals, noise or poor local exhaust ventilation
- accurately measuring and sampling levels of exposure, often through the use of scientific specialised equipment
- accurately recording facts and details of procedures in the workplace
- finding cost effective solutions for risks to health in workplaces of all types
- liaising with a wide range of people in the process of evaluating workplaces
- considering all options of control such as local exhaust ventilation, containment and personal protective equipment
3. To produce accurate and factual test reports, technical documents, specifications, risk assessments, method statements, etc. including the quality assurance of all documents prepared and presentation of report findings to Clients.
4. To provide factual and impartial advice to existing and prospective Clients.
5. To undertake training in accordance with the Company’s policy and procedures and to work towards the British Occupational Hygiene Society professional qualifications:
- Certificate of Operational Competence in Occupational Hygiene
- Diploma of Professional Competence in Occupational Hygiene
6. To keep up to date with scientific and legal developments.
7. To maintain and foster existing Client relationships and to develop professional, productive and prosperous relationships with existing and prospective Clients.
8. To represent the Company at meetings, seminars, presentations, training events, etc.
9. To attend regular Team Meetings to improve the effectiveness of the department.
10. To adhere to the Company’s Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental policies.
11. To participate where required in internal Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental audits.
12. To ensure that all equipment is used correctly and any defects are reported to the Operations Manager immediately.
13. To ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in a condition fit for work.
14. To ensure Company vehicles are kept clean, tidy and in a condition fit for work. Any defects, damage or repairs should be reported to the Operations Manager immediately.
15. To carry out responsibilities with due regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy.
16. To work in a confidential manner in all aspects of their work.
17. To undertake any other duties as required by the Managing Director/Operations Director or other Occupational Hygienists.
Person Specification –
This opportunity is open to final year students and recent graduates from any degree discipline, but you will need to have an analytical mind with a passion for Science.
This is a demanding role and you will need to be 100% committed to a career in Occupational Hygiene and we are looking for dedicated individuals who are willing to work hard for a rewarding career.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Keen and flexible to undertake substantial travel and able to commit to regular overnight stays across the UK and Internationally (full expenses)
- Car driver with full clean driving license
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic individual with a high standard of personal performance
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload, particularly with regard to report writing
- Flexible and reliable and great organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and work autonomously
- Team player
- Ability to present information clearly, concisely and professionally
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org