Safety First Group Ltd, are industrial (occupational) hygiene, legionella control and health & safety specialists with a large client base that is varied from client to client. This job is UK based and requires the successful applicant to be based in the UK full time.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and forward thinking company to start your career as an Occupational Hygienist.
- No experience is necessary, only a can-do attitude, an analytical mind and the desire to succeed.
- All professional training will be provided.
- A full clean driving licence is required as there will be substantial travel involved in the role.
Aim/purpose of role
- To assist in providing Safety First Group Ltds Clients with an efficient and professional service with respect to the specific areas of expertise.
- To assist in ensuring the Clients receive the required levels of service in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures and within agreed timescales.
- To assist in the continued development of the Company through an enthusiastic and proactive approach to working relationships with both Client representatives and Company colleagues.
- To fully participate in the Company’s training policy and procedures, with an enthusiastic attitude to the preparation for and undertaking of relevant external examinations.
- To continually improve the Company through the volunteering of ideas, methods and procedures to the Operations Director.
Duties of trainee Occupational Hygienist
1. You are responsible to the Operations Director. You will also be responsible to more experienced and established members of the team in accordance with particular projects allocated to you.
2. To undertake inspections, testing, sampling, risk assessments and other activities associated within the fields of Occupational Hygiene, whilst maintaining the best interests of the Client and compliance with statutory requirements:
undertaking workplace surveys and evaluating situations in the workplace
assessing risks to health arising from many different factors such as chemicals, noise or poor local exhaust ventilation
accurately measuring and sampling levels of exposure, often through the use of scientific specialised equipment
accurately recording facts and details of procedures in the workplace
finding cost effective solutions for risks to health in workplaces of all types
liaising with a wide range of people in the process of evaluating workplaces
considering all options of control such as local exhaust ventilation, containment and personal protective equipment
3. To produce accurate and factual test reports, technical documents, specifications,
risk assessments, method statements, etc. including the quality assurance of all documents prepared and presentation of report findings to Clients.
4. To provide factual and impartial advice to existing and prospective Clients.
5. To undertake training in accordance with the Company’s policy and procedures and to work towards the British Occupational Hygiene Society professional qualifications:
- Certificate of Operational Competence in Occupational Hygiene
- Diploma of Professional Competence in Occupational Hygiene
6. To keep up to date with scientific and legal developments.
7. To maintain and foster existing Client relationships and to develop professional, productive and prosperous relationships with existing and prospective Clients.
8. To represent the Company at meetings, seminars, presentations, training events, etc.
9. To attend regular Team Meetings to improve the effectiveness of the department.
10. To adhere to the Company’s Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental policies.
11. To participate where required in internal Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental audits.
12. To ensure that all equipment is used correctly and any defects are reported to the Operations Manager immediately.
13. To ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in a condition fit for work.
14. To ensure Company vehicles are kept clean, tidy and in a condition fit for work. Any defects, damage or repairs should be reported to the Operations Manager immediately.
15. To carry out responsibilities with due regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy.
16. To work in a confidential manner in all aspects of their work.
17. To undertake any other duties as required by the Managing Director/Operations Director or other Occupational Hygienists.
This opportunity is open to anyone who has an analytical mind with a passion for Science.
This is a demanding role and you will need to be 100% committed to a career in Occupational Hygiene and we are looking for dedicated individuals who are willing to work hard for a rewarding career.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Keen and flexible to undertake substantial travel and able to commit to regular overnight stays across the UK and Internationally (fully expensed)
- Car driver with full clean driving licence
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic individual with a high standard of personal performance
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload, particularly with regard to report writing
Salary expectations – Above national minimum wage
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com